Dear graduates and families,
Please be aware of this important information regarding our 2020-2021 graduation ceremony. Graduation will be held Friday, May 28th at 6:00 pm. As you know, this year has been challenging for our graduates, and with that in mind we want to make this event as normal and memorable as possible. In an effort to allow as many guests as possible, with as little restriction as possible, our ceremony will look slightly different.
- Our first option is to host the ceremony in Hornet Stadium. The graduates, staff and stage will be on the home bleachers. There will be priority seating on the track. Each graduate will receive two priority seating tickets. The football field will be open for general admission. Families will bring their own chairs/blankets and be able to socially distance from other families. There will be no limit on the number of guests that may attend. (Most schools in our HOIC conference are conducting their ceremonies in a similar fashion.)
- If it rains, our second option will be to move the ceremony indoors to the new athletic facility. We will conduct the ceremony in our traditional manner. It is suggested graduates bring 6 guests due to the IDPH guidelines.
- Livestream link:https://www.facebook.com/events/1408180086199329/
- Graduation practice will begin Friday, May 28 at 10:00 am.
Other pertinent information:
- Extra Graduation Announcements are available through Jostens. You can order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 309-378-4513, and announcements will be mailed right to your home.
- INDIVIDUAL Pictures will begin around 4:15 pm, and the class picture will be at 5:15 pm. Please take family pictures prior to the ceremony. Picture forms will be available outside the office during the students' last week of school, graduation practice, and on graduation day. We will have a roving photographer to take candid pictures throughout the ceremony. We will share these pictures on Facebook so they will be free.
- Prior to graduation and receiving their diploma to conclude their high school years, students should take care of library fines, lunch bills, and owed fees. Please do not wait until the last minute to take care of this.